HypnoBirthing teaches you the art and the joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural anaesthesia and thus lessen or in some cases eliminate discomfort. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth, and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
I am very grateful to Marie Mongan and her team and for the 8 years of experience as a Mongan Method practitioner and holder of the Mongan Method Gold Seal Standard. Teaching HypnoBirthing has allowed me to develop a wonderful range of experience and expertise. Sadly as an American based system it has been difficult at times to maintain continuity with my UK clients.
- Practice sessions allow you to bond with your developing baby. This can be very reassuring and relaxing for both you and your baby.
- You may reduce or eliminate the need for chemical pain relief
- You can reduce the need for medical intervention.
- These techniques may reduce the likelihood of needing an induction, epidural, Caesarean section or episiotomy.
- No matter what course your birthing takes, you can stay in a focused and empowered state that can be very reassuring.
- Many HypnoBirthing couples report that their babies are born more alert, can cry less, sleep and feed more easily.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you to understand and reduce the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful.
- Gentle birthing techniques that help you to breathe your baby into the world.
- To use your natural birthing instincts to give birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
- Self hypnosis techniques that you and your birthing partner can use in many different potentially stressful situations, long after you have had your baby.
- How to stay calm and focused even in a busy hospital environment.
WHO ARE THESE CLASSES FOR?
All pregnant women and their birthing partners. Including: 1st Time Mums: Too often women are compelled to share their unhappy birthing stories with new mums to be. These HypnoBirthing classes help the first time mum to focus on what really can work, rather than what didn’t work for others. Mums who had a traumatic first time experience: Sometimes it can be hard to shake off a difficult earlier experience. Many women have really benefited from learning these techniques for their 2nd, 3rd even 4th baby. Busy working couples: These classes offer a wonderful opportunity for couples to take valuable time together to bond with each other and their unborn baby. Women who may be anticipating complications: Some women may be expecting more than one baby or may know in advance that there baby is going to be born with physical challenges. HypnoBirthing classes along with the opportunity to talk over specific concern with a professional who has therapeutic experience can be extremely helpful. The class schedule is 5-2 ½ hour classes. Individual Sessions: Not everybody is able to, or wants to, come to a class with their partner. Please feel free to speak to me about individual hypnosis sessions outside of the HypnoBirthing model. These sessions can be tailor made for your requirements.
HypnoBirthing is designed to work in unison with your medical care givers. Fortunately there are many wonderful Midwives and Doctors who are dedicated to excellent childbirth care while HypnoBirthing informs and empowers you to work together to make the most of your birthing experience. Just as every child is unique every birth is unique. It would be wrong to suggest that these techniques guarantee total pain free births for everyone, however there are many benefits on a wonderful spectrum of possibilities that can be achieved with HypnoBirthing. Even those women who talk about pain are able to do so with a strong sense of empowerment. As one woman told me: “I could put the pain in a different room and stay focused on my baby and his birth – all thanks to HypnoBirthing”.
“The HypnoBirthing certainly worked! – I was able to defy the ‘wisdom’ of modern intervention and have a calm and respectful birth. No fear, no tension, no pain. Five months later and I don’t think I have actually come out of relaxation. A wonderful start to this life for Elfrida. Thank you!”Emma mother of Elfrida
“Poppy arrived 30th November she was a text book birth. Thank you so much for all your help. I did it!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t praise HypnoBirthing enough.”Vanessa mother of Poppy
“HypnoBirthing was immensely useful and definitely made me feel more confident about giving birth for the third time. My confidence was knocked after the birth of my second. I have recommended you to my health visitor she was very interested in how hypnosis obviously helped me.”Jodi mother of Stanley
“I had an absolutely fantastic birth at home and can not recommend homebirths, birthing pools and HypnoBirthing enough to anyone who will listen. My labour only lasted 4 hours from the first contraction to him being born, and I did it all without any pain relief (not even gas &air) so something must have been working for me! The midwife said afterwards that she couldn’t believe how calm and serene I was and that she was very impressed.”Katy mother of Hadley
We are very proud to let you know that our son Lucas Alexander was born on Thursday night.
Hypnobirthing definitely helped me, especially in the first 36 hours when surges were quite mild and I found I could relax, so thank you very much.
I went to hospital after my waters broke but was sent home again. At home surges got very strong and by the time we arrived back at hospital the birth was very advanced and Lucas arrived within 45 mins.
“Being pregnant with twins brought a lot of worry that things might go wrong, Christine helped me to relax and enjoy my pregnancy and I was confident enough to plan for a natural birth which I achieved – a beautiful experience with no unnecessary intervention.”Tracy mother of Toren and Mairead